Well I had a first the other day. I made a solar wax melter. It is still a work in progress but I am getting there. I took an old cooler and painted the inside black. I then took two plastic strainers (of different sizes) and using a piece of window screen on the top one and a paint strainer on the bottom one. I cut some plexiglass to fit the top and proceeded to add wax Jerry had collected in an old coffee can. It would have worked well if several things didn’t happen: First, I left the little flap for emptying water open, and there was a lot of honey in the wax jar as well that ran out of the cooler; second, it got so hot the bottom strainer collapsed; third, the strainer that collapsed got stuck in the pan I put in (the second run) to catch the honey. The bees will get to clean that up. So today I trying again. The same set up but with metal strainers. More to follow on this experiment.